Monday, 29 November 2010

EFT Tapping for Feelings of Overwhelm

Hi Everyone,

The Festive Season rushes ever closer; there are so many things that should be done for work; where is the time to just rest and have a bit of fun?

Does this sound familiar?

Looking back over this year I've come to realize that I have spent quite a lot of it in a state of overwhelm. So much to do, working too many hours in the garden; working too many hours on the computer; trying hard to keep on top of things and stay ahead. The first half of the year found me overwhelmed by a stressful situation, now thankfully resolved.

The feeling of overwhelm is one of feeling totally submerged by what goes on around you, being engulfed and out of control. The brain goes into hamster wheel mode, and you just keep trundling away in the same old rut, unable to see any way out.

Although the festive month of December is one to look forward to, it is also a period of stress and overwhelm for many. So this year, you might perhaps like to try using EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) to tap away at any feelings of overwhelm, and to truly get ahead of the game.

For details of how to tap please go to my EFT Self-Help page.

So tapping on the Karate Chop point (KC) (and taking full responsibility for yourself)

Even though I feel so overwhelmed right now, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.

Even though I feel so overwhelmed, there is so much to do, and so little time to get it done, I deeply and completely love, accept and forgive myself.

Even though I feel as if I am floundering, submerged beneath the weight of all I really ought to get done, keeping up to date with work, getting the shopping done for Christmas, looking after my family, basically keeping all the plates of my life spinning, I deeply and completely accept who I am, and how I feel.

EB: feel so overwhelmed
SE:so much to do
UE:so little time
UN: I can never get this all done
CH:all this work
CB:getting ready for Christmas
UA:keeping these plates spinning
TH: feel so tired

EB:wearing myself out
SE: feeling SO overwhelmed by it all
UE:never-ending hamster wheel
UN:so stressing
CH: how can I possibly get it all done?
CB:just want it all to stop
UA:this feeling of overwhelm
TH:this feeling of being submerged, drowning in all that I must do

EB:what if I consider that I don't have to do it all right now?
SE: what if I can allow myself a breathing space?
UE:what if I choose to see that I'm not Super(wo)man?
UN:what if I take time to prioritise my "To Do" List?
CH:I can choose to do all this
CB:I don't have to run around in the hamster wheel
UA:I can get off any time I want
TH:I can allow myself to see that much of this is self-imposed

EB: No-one is forcing me to get these things done, right now!
SE: I can forgive myself for being such a hard task-master/mistress
UE: I can take a few moments to stop, relax and nurture myself
UN: I can choose to do things that are fun and enjoyable
CH: Knowing that I can return to my tasks feeling happier and refreshed
CB: I choose to pace myself
UA: I choose to forgive myself
TH: I choose to allow myself to get things done in their own good time

Stop and take a deep breath, and perhaps a glass of water too. How do you feel now? This is rather generalized and you might find that your tapping phrases are different, depending upon what is pertinent to you. If anything else comes up, then tap on that too, until you feel a sense of peace with yourself.

This last weekend I did choose to step off the hamster wheel. We had my niece and nephew around for the day, and while my nephew spent the time with my husband on the PC, my niece spent time with me and we had a play day, making up some digital scrap pages and cards with my DSA2 Digital Scrap Artist programme. She was delighted to get feedback from the Daisytrail forum when we uploaded her efforts and I derived great joy from her joy.

The time fled by, five hours gone just like that, but five quality hours that refreshed and revived. Today I feel more motivated and able to shoulder the tasks once more, such as posting this blog entry, and my "To Do" list has been severely pruned.

We can indeed be our own worst enemy, our severest task masters, when all we really need to be is kinder to ourselves and let life flow.

So don't let "overwhelm" overwhelm you; try tapping it away.


Bright Blessings,
Karen
Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or requests.
To start learning about EFT you can download my "Balance Your Life With EFT" free manual. Although you can no longer obtain Gary Craig's comprehensive training DVD sets to buy, you can rent them from here.
Please Note: Anything on the EFT side of this blog is provided as a public courtesy to help expand the use of EFT in the world. Any EFT content of this blog represents the unique ideas and usage of EFT by me, as its author. The information in this blog is not intended to be a substitute for appropriate, qualified medical care from doctors or other health-care providers. It is here to offer information on other complementary options to help you in your quest for optimum health, which you may wish to discuss with your healthcare providers before implementing. You, the reader, must be prepared to take full responsibility for your own health and I cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of the techniques underlined here, either on you or others... more

No comments: