Saturday, 5 February 2011

EFT For Menopause - My Presentation Topic at the Northern EFT Gathering

Hi Everyone,

I don't know where this week has gone. This time last week we were in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, for the 3rd Northern EFT Gathering. This is the first time I have been able to attend, and I was one of the presenters, number 3 on the Sunday morning.

My presentation was on the use of EFT for menopause, with particular consideration on how the beliefs and attitudes that women may hold towards this time in their lives can affect them, for better or ill. 

For many women here in our western culture, these beliefs and attitudes are predominantly negative rather than positive. By pinpointing where you stand on these issues then you have some sort of starting point for your EFT tapping work. By working on these negative beliefs, and relieving the stress that consciously or subconsciously they invoke, it is possible for symptoms to become less of a problem, and perhaps even disappear.


My turn on stage
We each had forty minutes to talk. Despite having had a number of run-throughs in front of the cats at home and having about 10 minutes to spare for audience interaction, as is often the case, on the day itself I found myself running out of time and so had to abbreviate my presentation. At least the audience were more interested in what I had to say than the cats. I don't recall anyone going to sleep on me...

If you would like to read the full, unabbreviated version of what I had to say then you can find the pdf version of EFT not HRT on the Articles page of my website.

One thing that really pleased me was the fact that I had very little in the way of anxiety at the thought of talking to over 100 people; not something I had done before. There were just a few little butterflies after I finished breakfast, but not enough to feel I wanted to tap on it.

It was a fascinating weekend, and every presentation I listened to had something to teach me about ways to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques), both for myself and others.

There was a lot covered; not only the use of EFT in schools but also the use of EFT to help with performance anxiety; unhelpful identity beliefs; fertility problems; relationships; cancer support; support for parents of autistic children; painful and traumatic pasts.

There were some very moving stories, and lots of tapping and Borrowing Benefits. I'm sure this was partly responsible for my lack of butterflies, that and the encouragement and support of people like my mentor, Martine Moorby, and Andy Eckley who had organized the registrations and been supportive in his emails to me once I was confirmed as one of the speakers, along with his wife Cath. My thanks go to them.

The audience were also generous and appreciative to each and every one of us. Part of the reason for the Gathering is to allow people from all walks of EFT life to have the opportunity to talk about their experiences in an environment that is safe and supportive. Quite a lot of us are more used to seeing quizzical expressions on faces if you mention EFT, or even encounter downright disbelief that such a simple technique can be so powerful and effective.

It is a little daunting when you stand in front of your peers to have your say, but it is a wonderful opportunity to speak to a much larger audience than you are used to. Most of my work to date has been one-to-one, or small groups and this was a valuable learning experience.

If you would like to learn more about who spoke at the Gathering, and their topics of presentation, some with handouts, and photos of the weekend,  you can find these at www.eftevents.com. I'm already looking forward to the one next year!

However, before that, I will be attending the EFT Masterclass  2011 in York on the 22nd and 23rd October. This is another event I haven't been able to get to before, but my sweetheart of a husband informed me that he had booked a place for me, so that is something else to look forward to. The speakers here are well-known and experienced practitioners and teachers of EFT so I am sure I will learn quite a lot to enhance my own skills. York  also happens to be my most favourite city in Britain.


Bright Blessings,
Karen

Please feel free to contact me if you have any queries or requests.

To start learning about EFT you can download my "Balance Your Life With EFT" free manual or go to my Self Help Page. Although you can no longer obtain Gary Craig's comprehensive training DVD sets to buy, you can rent them from here.

Please Note: Anything on the EFT side of this blog is provided as a public courtesy to help expand the use of EFT in the world. Any EFT content of this blog represents the unique ideas and usage of EFT by me, as its author. The information in this blog is not intended to be a substitute for appropriate, qualified medical care from doctors or other health-care providers. It is here to offer information on other complementary options to help you in your quest for optimum health, which you may wish to discuss with your healthcare providers before implementing. You, the reader, must be prepared to take full responsibility for your own health and I cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from the use of the techniques underlined here, either on you or others... more

No comments: